14 October 2014

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here's what you do...

-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Title: A Place Beyond 
Author: Laura Howard 
Series: The Danaan Trilogy #3 
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy 
Expected Publication: October 27th, 2014 

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: The time has come. Allison's quest to save her mother from Aoife's wicked enchantment will test everything she believes in. Who is trustworthy in the land of the Fair Folk, the Tuatha de Danaan?

It's up to Allison, along with her ragtag host of allies, to unravel the truth. Journey along and discover the power of love and duty as Allison faces the most difficult trial of her life.

Teaser

Ethan raised himself up on his elbow and pressed his finger into the space between my eyebrows.

“I wish I could make this go away,” he said softly.

“Don’t tell me I have wrinkles,” I said, my lame attempt at a joke making him crack a little smile.

“No,” he said, dragging his finger lightly down my cheek. “In fact, you couldn’t be more beautiful.”

I just laughed, I didn’t have anything even resembling a witty comeback in me.

“You are,” he continued. “It’s killing me that I can’t take all this pain away from you.”

He ducked his head for a second before meeting my eyes again. “I would do anything to make it easier for you, you know.”

I swallowed and stared at his earnest expression, overcome by his words. “I know you would.”

Ethan ran his hand through my hair. “Good.”

I twisted to face him, tentatively bringing my hands up to his shoulders. “I’m really glad you’re here.”

His lashes lowered, hiding his eyes. I smoothed my fingers up his neck and pulled him to me, kissing him softly.

He returned the kiss and there was something so tender about the way he held my face in his hands. Like I was precious.


About Laura

Laura Howard lives in New Hampshire with her husband and four children. Her obsession with books began at the age of 6 when she got her first library card. Nancy Drew, Sweet Valley High and other girly novels were routinely devoured in single sittings. Books took a backseat to diapers when she had her first child. It wasn’t until the release of a little novel called Twilight, 8 years later, that she rediscovered her love of fiction. Soon after, her own characters began to make themselves known. The Forgotten Ones is her first published novel.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. Very nice tease! Totally new to me read too! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love