13 May 2014

Title: Flames of Love (Love in Bloom #12)
Author: Melissa Foster
Publisher: World Literary Press, 386 Pages (March 26th, 2014)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: As one of New York’s Finest, firefighter Cash Ryder is always prepared. When a woman’s car skids off the side of a mountain during a snowstorm, he’s there to rescue her. Cash is totally focused on the woman’s well-being, but within minutes of getting her to safety, he realizes that he’s nowhere near prepared for the heat that rolls off of sensual, smart-mouthed, and stubborn Siena Remington.

As a model, Siena Remington has dated some of the wealthiest, most handsome men in the industry, and she’s made peace with the idea that most men are just looking for eye candy and they wouldn’t know how to romance a woman to save their lives. When she’s rescued by a tall, handsome stranger, she thinks that maybe, just maybe, she’s found her own real-life romantic fairy tale—until he opens his mouth and everything that comes out is gruff, ornery, and aggravatingly sexy.

Thrown together during an annual firehouse calendar photo shoot, the passion between Cash and Siena sizzles, and neither one knows how to control the flames. After an evening of verbal sparring followed by a sinfully sensual night, their darkest secrets are revealed—and so is Cash’s warm, romantic heart. But Siena’s secret might be too much for big, strong, always-prepared Cash to handle—and Siena is forced to choose between a man who’s everything she’s ever dreamed of and an opportunity of a lifetime.

Review: 3.5 Stars - Flames of Love is another installment in author Melissa Fosters Love in Bloom series. This spin off follows the Remington siblings and this time around the story focuses on the only girl in the bunch – model Siena.

I’ve loved watching Siena in the past few books being the sister to such an eclectic group of brothers. She’s always been able to hold her own and has a great relationship with each of them. They all watch out for each other and Siena gets a little bit of care from her protective but loving brothers. She’s smart and sassy and yet she finds herself in a situation she should have known better than to find herself in.

Skidding off the highway during a horrible snow storm wasn’t what she had in mind but now it’s only a matter of time before she freezes with no one around to help. Before she knows it she’s being saved by a gruff guy who puts off such a frustrated and angry vibe that they two clash and are left with nothing but a burning attraction which is cooled off by a mutual loathing for each other.

Cash is a firefighter who prides himself on the job he knows he’s good at. Saving people from burning buildings and putting out fires all while watching over his friends, that he calls his family from the firehouse. When tragedy strikes, Cash just can’t get past his issues and deal with the bigger picture. I LOVED Cash! He’s easily become my favorite male lead from this series. I just couldn’t get enough of him.

The two push and pull each other in a romantic dance from their first meeting. I loved watching these two try to navigate this new relationship, while they each were dealing with their own issues from work. I’ve loved Siena from the previous books and couldn’t wait to read her story and was happy that Cash was the perfect character for her to find. The two were just great! I loved the tension and angst that Foster created for these two and so far this is my favorite of the series!

These books are easy to read, fast and light… never dealing with too heavy of topics and the perfect book when you need something to read and escape to. The writing is always good, characters and stories entertaining with just enough drama and romance to give the reader a place to get lost in and for that I enjoy these titles with each one I read.

I recommend these titles as the perfect book when you need something light and airy between a heavy or highly emotional read – because these fit the bill perfectly. Happy Reading.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love