22 September 2012

Review: Moonlight Mayhem By: Sherry Soule

Title: Moonlight Mayhem (Spellbound, #2)
Author: Sherry Soule
Publisher: 334 Pages (July 2nd, 2012)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Otherworldly Creatures. Dazzling Magic. Fiery Romance.

Shiloh Ravenwolf thought she was getting used to the strange events in Whispering Pines, until the full moon brings another surge of supernatural threats to her coastal town. Ferocious wolves, deadly necromancers, and shambling zombies have descended upon the neighborhood, so Shiloh needs to gain control of her magical abilities—fast!

It sucks that she has a crippling fear of the dark, which for a demon hunter can be an epic problem. But she spends so much time wallowing in the darkness, how can she not become a part of it?

When her classmates are attacked by a mysterious creature and her father is murdered, Shiloh vows vengeance. Forcing her phobias aside, she forms an unlikely coven of supernaturally gifted teens to help her eradicate this menace. Except that’s not all Shiloh has to worry about. She’s battling a different monster within herself and struggling not to become the very thing she fights: evil.

But with demon blood inside her—anything can happen…

Review: 4 Stars - Moonlight Mayhem is the second title by Sherry Soule in her Spellbound series. With magic and lots of different paranormal creatures throughout, Soule takes this series up several notches with twists and turns and things I never saw coming!

Since reading the first book Beautifully Broken, I was really looking forward to the second title to see what would happen next for Shiloh and the town of Whispering Pines. The town itself is, in my mind an honorary character due to all the strange things that seem to migrate to it. It’s up to Shiloh to keep the town and the people in it safe. It’s not an easy job, but thankfully she has some really great friends – new and old – to help her out along the way.

This time she’s up against a few new challenges, werewolves, zombies and necromancers and maybe even a bit more. As usual, I don’t want to give anything away, but I believe while I was reading there’s some hints of trouble to come for Shiloh and someone who’s close to her. I can almost feel it. However, that’s the norm for her and the town, there’s always new trouble brewing.

In this one Shiloh’s grown and is changing. She’s realizing many things and is so much more observant. I think it’s because in the first book she’s got so much to deal with in learning about all she’s supposed to do and of her past. And in this one, she has more to overcome personally and for the town. I think I even liked her more in this one because of her growth.

And then we have Trent. I don’t even know what to say about him. He’s dealing with some issues as well, but what can you say after the end of Beautifully Broken? Everyone was bound to have both internal and external scares.

As for the writing, I think that was better in this one as well. I felt like when I finished the book I had blinked a few times and it was over. Not to say that the book was short, because that’s not the case at all, I was just really into the story that when I got to the end of the book I was shocked I had finished it.

Soule has written a fantastic sequel and has left me craving more. With a story that flows and characters that grow stronger and stronger from one book to the next, it gave me a thrillingly great read! I can’t wait to see what she puts her characters and the town through next. If you’ve read the first book, be sure to check out this one soon. And if you haven’t picked up this series yet, you should defiantly give it a try, enjoy!


FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this author, but not these books. Hopefully I can check them out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting book. Thanks for the review:)
    angelacarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love