29 August 2012

Review: Rift By: Andrea Cremer

Title: Rift (Nightshade Prequel #1)
Author: Andrea Cremer
Publisher: Philomel, 431 Pages (August 7th, 2012)
From: the Publisher
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.


Review: 5 Stars - Rift by Andrea Cremer is a prequel to her Nightshade series and tells how Keepers originated. In a world filled with magic, good and bad, it’s a thrillingly adventurous story rich in history set back in a time when fathers married off their daughters to men & nobles from faraway places in the hopes of gaining them land and wealth. Our female protagonist Ember is different and wants something more for her life than being married off.

With a debt called in to her parents to claim Ember for a promise made long ago, she’s thrilled for the chance to leave and be on her way - far away from her father and maybe get a chance to fulfill what she wants for herself. She’s strong, loyal and fights hard for what she believes in. She questions things as they come along and works through them to the best of her abilities. While reading I had a chance to watch her grow. Ember had a lot to learn in a short amount of time, all the while dealing with the many changes that she was now facing in the world. All that she thought she knew has changed in the blink of an eye.

And then we have Barrow… oh, Barrow he’s such strength in the story. Strong and loyal as Ember is and a good support he takes fighting for what he believes in to a whole new level. He took Ember under his wing and taught her so much about the new world she was now living in and fighting for.

 In my eyes Barrow and Ember fit together really well and complemented each other time and time again. I enjoyed the interaction between these two and looked forward to their moments together.

Overall Rift was a book that I just couldn’t put down. I was riveted to the world that was rich in lore and characters that I couldn’t get enough of. The writing was just the right pace and I often couldn’t turn the pages fast enough! This is one of the best books I’ve read this year I am beyond excited and eager to read the next book in the prequel to Cremers’ previous trilogy. 


Don't forget to check out the giveaway to enter to win a SIGNED copy of RIFT!
Click >>>HERE<<< To enter!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I've been curious about this one. I LOVED Nightshade, but was a bit disappointed by the rest of the series. I still want to read this one. I've been renewed by the positive reviews it has received so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love