22 August 2012

Hey guys! Today I have something pretty cool that I think you guys will agree with me on. I've been lucky enough to work with author Kelly Oram in the past and when she asked me if I'd do this post to share the cover, summary and an excerpt/teaser of her soon to be released title - V is for Virgin, I jumped up and down at the chance. Yep, I actually jumped up and down! So, last night she sent me the info and I can't tell you how excited I am to read this book. SERIOUSLY EXCITED! Take a look, read what Kelly's passed along to share with everyone and let her know in comments when you guys think. 

Title: V is for Virgin
Available in December 2012
Add V is for Virgin to Goodreads: HERE

Summary: When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation.

After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy.

As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.

How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?


Excerpt/Teaser: 

          I tried to prepare myself, because whatever was making Robin look so pale couldn't be good news.
          "You haven't seen Tralse's website today." She said it as a statement, not a question.
          Without saying another word—apparently there were none to explain the coming horror—Robin surfed over to Tralse's website. Aside from having posted videos from the concert last night of their new song, Kyle had posted a new blog.
          "Ten reasons why Virgin Val sucks?" I screeched.
          A couple walking past the store looked up, startled, so I bit my tongue to keep from spouting profanities of my own.
          I clicked on the blog. There was no way to make myself not click on it.

          The Top Ten Reasons Why Virgin Val Sucks

          10. She called me a one-hit-wonder.
          9. She doesn't appreciate the endearing nickname I gave her.
          8. She makes me write stupid blogs about her at four in the morning.
          7. She's encouraging people not to have sex.
          6. She blew me off when I asked her out.
          5. She has a crush on a douche bag.
          4. She won't answer any of my calls.
          3. She's such a tease with her look-but-don't-touch policy.
          2. I played a whole effing concert JUST FOR HER and she didn't come, even though she told me she would. (You're such a liar!)
          And the #1 reason why Virgin Val sucks?
          I still want her anyway.


          A full minute of silence passed with me simply staring at the computer screen, blinking over and over, hoping that the next time my eyes closed the blog would disappear.
          "It's actually very sweet,” Robin said. “If you think about it."
          My jaw, which had already fallen slack, hit the floor as I gaped at her. "Sweet?" I choked on the word. "I'm going to KILL him!"

So, what do you guys think? Sounds pretty amazing if you ask me! I really can't wait to read it!!!





Find Kelly Online:

Blog | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Order Kelly's Books Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository

*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. OHMG, I really want to read this now!(: And the cover--super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soo good!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geeze another one I wish I had an ARC for *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love