29 August 2012


It's day two in our celebrating Indie/Small Press author, Angeline Kace. Her upcoming release - ENEMY WITHIN - will be releasing soon!


Today we have invited Brooke and Mirko to stop by and chat. 


Character Interview:



This question is for Brooke. Other than the obvious changes in your life, what are some changes you’re going through that we might not know about?

My sense of belonging has really been shaken. I’m now a part of two worlds, but don’t really belong or fit into either one of them. I feel like I’m in limbo, balancing on the cusp of both worlds. I wish I could just stay in one, but at the same time a part of me is excited to see what I can do in the other. It’s also terrifying because the same part of me that’s excited could also get me killed. 




Mirko, how have you changed since Brooke entered your life?

*Looks at Brooke and grins* 


Brooke’s situation is chaotic, but I’ve never felt as grounded before as I do since meeting her. And I think that’s allowed me to be more patient, more understanding and compassionate. She makes me a better person. 




Brooke and Mirko, here’s a question for both of you. What’s the best thing that happened to each of you yesterday?

Mirko chuckles. “When Brooke didn’t have the blender’s lid attached right and her strawberry-banana smoothie sprayed all over her.
“What?! I can’t believe that was your best thing.” Brooke says incredulously and then looks back at Jessica. “That was probably the worst part of my day.”
“No,” adds Mirko and drops his voice, “I’m talking about the part when I licked it off your chin, then trailed my tongue down your neck to catch the rest.” His lip lifts in the corner as if he’s watching it play all over again in his mind.
“Oh.” Brooke giggles. “Yeah, that part was probably my favorite, too.”




Mirko, can you give us your sexiest pick up line?

I don’t have pick up lines. I’m confident enough that they’re not necessary. Pick up lines indicate that I’d have to plan something generic in advance to say to attract a woman. And it’s not so much the words I say, but my swagger while saying them. It’s the energy transferred, the heat you put off while introducing yourself that matters the most. 



Brooke and Mirko, can you share with us a fun fact about each other?

Mirko is the thumb war champion. He’s a machine. It’s almost like he’s double jointed or something and can move his thumb in ways and at angles that none of us can beat. It’s crazy. 

Brooke’s not afraid of spiders. She doesn’t cringe when she sees one, nor does she hesitate when killing one. Most girls have this irrational fear of them, almost as if they’re afraid because every other girl’s afraid. I actually think it’s cute that Brooke’s not one of those girls.




Brooke, when you look at Mirko, who do you see?


I see a guy who used to annoy me and drive me crazy. He was too forward, sometimes too crass, and right all the time. Drove me insane. But now…I see a man who’s more genuine than anyone I’ve ever known. I see a leader who always fights for what’s right, and a friend who’s always willing to listen. I aspire to me more like him. When I look at Mirko… I see my hero.



And Mirko, when you look at Brooke, who do you see?


She’s the embodiment of everything I could ask for and more. 



 
Enemy Within 
Coming soon!

Two guys who’ve stolen her heart.
Three races and only one of them worthy.
Countless enemies with insatiable bloodlust for power.
Will one girl's curse ultimately save her?


Half-vampire Brooke Keller barely survived the slaying of her worst enemy, only to learn that Zladislov—the world's most powerful vampire, leader of the vampire world, and her father—wants her dead. However, this time, she's not only fighting vampires but a raging monster within her that endangers what's left of her humanity. And when a deadly disease threatens to take her best friend's life, Brooke tries to convince Kaitlynn to accept a monster of her own: becoming a Zao Duh.

As a former slave to the Pijawikas, Mirko is driven to protect the innocent at all costs, but he has never faced a foe more formidable than Zladislov. And when the Commission bears down on Brooke, Mirko finds the stream of enemies runs deeper than he ever imagined.


Find Angeline Online:


Purchase Descended by Blood:


Add books to Goodreads
  *I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. This was a really good character interview. I usually don't read them, but this showed so much of the personality of the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love