15 August 2012


It's day two in our celebrating Indie/Small Press author, Tammara Webber. Her latest release - Easy - has quickly become a huge hit with readers, including Jessica (Confessions of a Bookaholic) and I. We couldn't wait to read this story and jumped the second it was released. If you haven't picked up this title, please be aware that it is part of the quickly growing "New Adult" genre.

So, take a peek into the lives of Jacqueline and Lucas and tell me you aren't ready to find out more about their story. I know I'm ready to read again.....


Character Interview:


For both Lucas & Jacqueline – We’re going to let these two interview each other. Here they are, Skyping in from Lucas’s apartment:

Lucas: I hope you guys didn’t ask anything embarrassing, because J will totally sell me out.

Jacqueline: (Leaning her shoulder into his.) No, I won’t. You know your secrets are safe with me.

Lucas: (Cocks an eyebrow at her.)

Jacqueline: Okay, the important ones. Stuff like the fact that you carry on entire conversations with Francis when I’m not in the room is fair game.

Lucas: (Rolls his eyes and smirks into camera.) See? She can’t be trusted.

Jacqueline: Hush. Okay, first question. What was the first thing that popped into your head when you saw me the first time?

Lucas: (Grabs for the paper in her hand) It doesn’t say that.

Jacqueline: It does! (Shows him the question.)

Lucas: (Runs a hand over his face and sighs.) Okay. Well. It was the first day of class. I watched you walk down the steps and take a seat several rows down, and I thought Holy shit, she’s hot. This semester is looking up. And then your boyfriend – who I knew from a government class I had with him the year before – put his arm around your chair and leaned over to say something to you, and you smiled up at him, and I sorta wanted to rearrange his face for really no good reason.

Jacqueline: (Eyebrows raised, looking at him.) You knew Kennedy before econ? Why didn’t you mention this before?

Lucas: (Shrugs one shoulder, runs a finger over the ring in his lip.) Never came up?

Jacqueline: (Tilts her head, unconvinced.)

Lucas: (One corner of his mouth lifts.) I’m not ever going to bring him up voluntarily, J. You can, if you want. If you need to. But I won’t.

Jacqueline: Fair enough.

Lucas: (Takes paper.) What’s your favorite food? (Smiles.) I can answer that. Anything I make for her.

Jacqueline: True. You’re a much better cook than I am.

Lucas: (Laughs.) We don’t know that for sure, do we? Because you never cook.

Jacqueline: Trust me, if I did, you’d wish I hadn’t. Favorite song? (Smiles like she knows the answer to this one.)

Lucas: (Stares are her.) Hardliners. I think that will be my favorite for a good, long time. Though nothing beats listening to it together, like we did the first time I played it for you.

Jacqueline: (Takes a deep breath and blinks.) That’s my favorite, too. (Turns her eyes to the paper.) Okay, um, what are five words that describe me?

Lucas: What? Why do I keep getting the prying questions? (Turns to camera.) Hmm, Lisa and Jessica?? (Sighs, his grey-blue gaze returning to Jacqueline.) All right. Jacqueline is stubborn, small, loyal… talented and beautiful.

Jacqueline: Small? Soft?

Lucas: Comparatively, yeah. (Pulls her closer, kisses her temple lightly.) You’re tiny. (His fingers graze her shoulder and run slowly down her arm.) And very soft. Now you. Five words for me.

Jacqueline:
(Blushes and gives an embarrassed smile.) Also stubborn. Smart. Hard on the outside (blushes again when he smirks), and soft on the inside. Protective.

Lucas: (Stares down at the paper, clears throat.) What would you consider the perfect date?

Jacqueline: Dancing with you until we’re tired, and then… coming back here…

Lucas: I’m not much of a dancer.

Jacqueline: (Scoffs.) Oh yeah, you are.

Lucas: Hmm. If you say so… then we can go tonight. Let’s get these questions overwith so we can get to the second part of your answer. (Smiles when she hides her face and laughs.)

Jacqueline: Coke or Pepsi? He doesn’t drink sodas, and I like Diet Coke.

Lucas: Cake or pie? (Smiles.) Jacqueline will not turn down either… but she prefers brownies.

Jacqueline: Mmmmm… yes. I do.

Lucas: Morning person or night owl?

Jacqueline: I’d say we’re both night owls.

Lucas: Mmm-hmm. We will be tonight…

Jacqueline: (Tilts head toward webcam.) Shh!

Lucas: What? I’m just trying to live up to that – what’d you call it? Operation Bad B—

Jacqueline: (Puts her hand over his mouth.) Rain or sunshine? I’m answering this for him – rain. I would normally be sunshine… but rainy days have been growing on me the past few months...

Lucas: (Reading paper and smiling.) I like this one. What’s your favorite thing about yesterday? (Grins at her knowingly.)

Jacqueline: (Blushes scarlet.)

Lucas: Yeah, suffice it to say yesterday was… a very, very good day. I need to add a sixth word for Jacqueline, if ya’ll don’t mind? Sexy. Especially when she’s in a seductive mood.

Jacqueline: (Scowls.) And you are way less secretive than I thought. I should claim false advertising.

Lucas: Nah. Just in love – and in lust – with you. (Glances at paper.) And lastly, how do we feel about our story being shared for all to read?

Jacqueline: We hope that some part of it helps someone else. And lets them know what to keep and what to let go of, when it comes to guilt and blame. (Staring into Lucas’s eyes.) And we hope it keeps them believing in love, even if they haven’t found it yet.

Lucas: (Nods, watching her.)

Tammara, Jacqueline & Lucas, it’s been wonderful spending some time with you all. We can’t say thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy schedules to hang out and be part of our first Blogger Talk: Novel Exposed – Indie & Small Press month. We hope you’ll drop in and visit with us again sometime. And please keep checking back this week. We aren't finished with Tammara just yet.


Easy
Currently available
Note: This book is part of the ever growing genre - "New Adult".
Check out my review of Easy: HERE

Synopsis: A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



Find Tammara Online:

Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Order Easy & Tammara's books Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository | Signed Copies

Add Easy & Tammara's books to: Goodreads



*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. Incredible! Impressive! I love it! I love Tammara, and I definitely love Easy!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love