28 August 2012


Title: The Dark Light
Author: Sara Walsh
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 496 Pages (August 28th, 2012)
From: the Author & Publisher
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Mia is torn between two guys—and two worlds—in this epic, romantic fantasy.Mysterious lights have flickered above Crownsville for as long as Mia can remember. And as far as she’s concerned, that’s about the only interesting thing to happen in her small town.

That is, until Sol arrives. Mia’s not one to fall for just any guy, but she can’t get Sol—or the brilliant tattoo on his back—out of her mind.

Then Mia’s brother goes missing, and Mia’s convinced that Sol knows more than he’s sharing. But getting closer to Sol means reevaluating everything Mia once believed to be true. Because Sol’s not who Mia thought he was—and neither is she.


Review: 5 Stars -Debut author Sara Walsh has a huge hit on her hands with her wonderfully written title The Dark Light. I was utterly immersed within her world and characters from the first page and I am already begging for more after reading the last word on the last page.

With a cover like The Dark Light, there was no way that I was about to pass up this title and after reading the synopsis, I just knew it was a must read for 2012. This book, these characters, this story! It has so much to offer the reader. So many layers to the story & at times I just couldn't read fast enough & at times I wanted to read slower because I didn't want the story to end. Thrilling, mysterious, swoon-worthy are just a few words that come to mind about title and this fantastic new author.

Mia lives in a town where people have been known to see strange lights. She’s living with an uncle she never knew after her parents left. She goes out of her way to protect and raise her younger brother while their uncle is often absent for one reason or another. She has a great friend – Willie – who has some of the best lines in the book and often steals the show. Yet, I often felt that’s just what Mia needed to help take her mind off of things once the younger kids of the town and towns around them start to vanish.

One thing that I liked about Mia was that she has a fantastic voice. She’s strong and is smart. A product of having to grow up to soon, which is sad, yet proves most helpful throughout the story. She’s loyal almost to a fault, yet it’s one of things I love about her the most.

When the new guy enters the picture – when Mia thinks all she has left to worry about is keeping her brother safe and getting a dress for the Prom she has no idea that her world and all she knew was about to be turned upside down and backwards.

Sol is so mysterious and while at the end of the story I had such a better idea of who he was, it’s throughout reading that you never know what he’s going to say or do next. I loved that Walsh kept me on my toes and I had more than one time while reading that I was shocked and bowled over with what happened.

The twists and turns are there, the amazing characters are there… the fantastic story, action, adventure and romance, along with the characters that I fell in love with which hands down did NOT fall short or disappoint me in the slightest. It’s easy to say that The Dark Light was one of the best books I’ve been lucky enough to read in 2012 and there is no doubt in my mind that I’ll read anything Walsh writes in the future. I highly recommend this title to anyone who loves a great story that’ll keep you gripped to the seat of your chair and that you won’t want to put down. The book just so happens to come out today, so go grab yourself a copy and hold on.

Be sure to check back on September 3rd, 2012 for another post for The Dark Light Tour!

Also, be sure to check out the next blog on the tour:

The next stop on the tour is with Natalia at Dazzling Reads
Check out the full Tour Schedule - HERE

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to read this. I have it in my posession and I haven't had any time to read at all this week. Next week, I'm going to read the crap out of it tho and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love