17 February 2010

I've been meaning to start this meme for awhile now, and figured I'd start today. :o) I have so many books I'm looking forward to this year, along with most of us that I wanted to join in the fun of sharing just what I can't wait for. So here goes!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you and I are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share some of the many ideas for our To Be Read piles and Wish lists.



Title: Nevermore
Author: Kelly Creagh
Publisher: Atheneum, 528 Pages (August 31st 2010)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, The Book Depository

Synopsis: At once an homage to one of America's greatest writers and a page-turning psychological mystery that is equal parts horror, humor, and romance, NEVERMORE is the story of Varen -- a Poe-fan and goth -- and Isobel -- a cheerleader and unlikely heroine. When a Lit. project pairs the two together, Isobel finds herself steadily swept into Varen's world, one that he has created in his notebook and in his mind, one where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel slowly learns that dreams can be much more powerful than she'd ever expected, and that pain and despair come in all sorts of shades. As labels of "goth" and "cheerleader" fade away, she sees more in Varen than a tall, pale outcast, and a consuming romance is braced against the ever-clearer horror that the most terrifying realities are those within our own minds.

When Isobel has a single chance to rescue Varen from the shadows of his own nightmares, will she be able to save him -- and herself?

As soon as I read what this book was about - I knew it was a must read for me. Sounds interesting, something with a different twist, including the fact that Edgar Allen Poe is a huge part of one of the main charaters lives.

I have this book on preoder and am really looking forward to reading it. What about you guys? How's this book sound to you?

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

10 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my high school students would love this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the summary had me at E.A Poe. I must admit that I am really intrigued. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one on a couple of other blogs lately but I've never read the summary because I was turned off by the cover, but it sounds pretty good!

    I'm looking forward to the release of this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole - that's just what I thought! Glad to pass on the book info to you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki - I know huh? Sounds like a winner if you ask me. Really looking forward to reading this one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey - I have to agree with you that the cover is a tad creepy/off putting. I had to look past it as well to read what it was about. In the end the cover kind of fits with things.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this one sounds good too. And there is something about the cover that draws me in - even tho it looks a little "creepy" to take my daughter's words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Considering my name is Lenore, I guess I am fated to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love