03 January 2010

In My Mailbox 6, 7, & 8

This is weeks over due... but eh, it's here none the less. Here's a picture and recap of from the week before Christmas, Christmas and this last week. Soooo, as always - In My Mailbox is brought to us by and hosted by the lovely and blogtastic Kristi over at The Story Siren



So in order of weeks... Here is week 6 -

For Review:

The Dark Divine By: Bree Dispain

 Also with the book was some lovely nail polish. I have since read the book and a review will be posted in the next day or two. If you haven't read it... be sure to pick it up soon.

Week 7 - Christmas Week was a HUGE week in books! All books listed were gifts or were purchased with giftcards. So here goes this list -

Christmas Gifts:

Tempted By: P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast
Fallen By: Lauren Kate
Hunger By: Michael Grant
Breathing By: Cheryl Renee Herbsman
Breathless By: Jessica Warman
The Morgue and Me By: John C. Ford
Coffeehouse Angel By: Suzanne Selfors
Gossip of the Starlings By: Nina de Gramont
How To Say Goodbye In Robot By: Natalie Standiford
Shadowland By: Alyson Noel
Waiting For You By: Susane Colasanti
Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? By: Louise Rennison
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Book 5) By: Rick Riordan
Ironside By: Holly Black

And then... yes, there is a shiny new Kindle you see there. LOVE IT! I'll give a rundown of the books that are on the Kindle as well.

The day after Christmas we hit up Borders and Barns & Noble and here's what was purchased with those gift cards:

Rion By: Susan Kearney
Beastly By: Alex Flinn
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre By: Amanda Grange
Night Runner By: Max Turner
Dreaming Anastasia By: Joy Preble
Devil's Kiss By: Sarwat Chadda
Lockdown Escape From Furnace By: Alexander Gordon Smith
Rage A Love Story By: Julie Anne Peters

We also hit up the Book Oulet the on the 26th and I purchased:

Lets Get Lost By: Sarra Manning
Confessions Of A Triple Shot Betty By: Jodi Gehrman
Just Like That By: Marsha Qualey
Speak By: Laurie Halse Anderson
Eight Grade Bites - The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod By: Heather Brewer
Ninth Grade Bites - The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod By: Heather Brewer
Airhead By: Meg Cabot

Then later that day one of my aunts came over and gave me a copy of:

Official Book Club Selection - The Kathy Griffin Book

And last.... is week 8 - Another slow week, but after last week... yeah slow was okay with me.

For Review:

The Green Bronze Mirror By: Lynne Ellison

As for my Kindle here's a list of the book that are currently on it.

Under the Dome By: Stephen King
Pride and Prejudice By: Jane Austen
My Soul to Lose By: Rachel Vincent
Suite Scarlett By: Maureen Johnson

I don't have to many on it yet because I'm still trying to figure out what books I want to own and what books will be future Kindle books. Plus that Stephen King book is MASSIVE and is going to take me awhile to read.

I do have other books on order, but I'll post about those as they come in the mail. I hope everyone had a great holiday! I know we did here. I'll be back posting more again this week. I owe many reviews which I'll be adding to that list today and tomorrow after finishing up a couple books I'm currently reading. Sorry that they aren't listed here, I've just been reading to fast to keep up, not to mention I haven't been around all that much. Anwyays... That's been the last 3 weeks for me, what all did you guys get?

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start! Awesome books you've got there! I know you'll love reading them.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly have a lot of books there. How do you manage to pay for all these and I can't imagine how long it would take me to get through these books.

    Check out my mailbox for the week: http://goodgollymisshollybooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-9_03.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great bunch of books. You got a amazing haul for Christmas. So you must do a post on how well you like your kindle because I don't have one and I am so curious about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, looks like you got some AMAZING stuff. Official Book Club Selection is outstanding and funny. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo many good books, it's hard to pinpoint any one in particular. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time reading them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap. Did they stock you with food so you can just sit around and read those bazillion books? And a Kindle??? SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is quite the haul! You'll need a separate bookshelf just for the holiday season. Good thing you have Under the Dome on Kindle, too.

    My In My Mailbox

    Laura Hartness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I've never seen such a list this long before! You will definitely be busy the next couple of weeks (years?!) haha, and I look forward to the reviews.

    Congrats on the Kindle! I got one too for Christmas and am in love with it; are you? And we have basically the same e-books..gotta love those freebies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Someone must have been good to get all those presents! LOL.
    Enjoy your treasures and looking forward to your upcoming reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love